27 October 2017

The Hater

I happened to be reading a back issue of The New Yorker yesterday that included an article (link here) analyzing how the television show The Apprentice reinvented the failing businessman Donald Trump who had filed bankruptcy six times into an imaginary tycoon.

I found a paragraph from near the end of the article particularly chilling. On the show's fifth season, Trump's daughter Ivanka chastises a contestant who bears a grudge.

Trump interrupts: "Who doesn’t! I do. Nobody takes things more personally than me. When somebody says something personal about me, I hate them for the rest of my life. It’s probably wrong, but I hate people.... I never recover from it."

Wow. That's one badly disturbed man. Someone that emotionally fragile and petty has no business sitting in the Oval Office.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of a Colt photo, great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Speak up!