03 September 2019

Category Five

When speaking to reporters over the weekend about the strong hurricane heading toward the United States, Donald Trump said the following:

"I'm not sure that I've ever even heard of a Category Five. I’ve seen some Category Fours, you don’t even see them that much. But a Category Five is something that, I don’t know that I’ve ever even heard the term, other than I know it’s there. That’s the ultimate and that’s what we have, unfortunately."

Trump either intentionally or because of his dotage omitted the fact that this was the fourth Category Five since he became President.

Worse still, Trump has said something substantially similar multiple times before over the past two and a half years, declaiming he had never heard of a Category Five before (details here).

What's going on here? Senility? Or is Trump such a huckster that he routinely hypes anything and everything? Or is he so warped by incessant lying that he just habitually lies about everything?

No answer is a reassuring answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!