24 September 2019

Hypocrisy in One Easy Lesson

Donald Trump's extreme hypocrisy has now infected some members of his cabinet. Witness the following exchange between Jake Tapper and Trump's treasury secretary on TV over the weekend:

Tapper: "If, for instance, President Obama had pressured a foreign leader, Putin or the president of Ukraine, anyone, and said, I want you to look into Donald Trump Jr. or I want you to look into Eric Trump, international businessmen, both of them, would you not find that inappropriate?"

Treasury secretary: "I’m not going to speculate on that. What I do find inappropriate is the fact that Vice President Biden at the time’s son did very significant business dealings in Ukraine. I, for one, find that to be concerning. And, to me, that is the issue perhaps that should be further investigated."

Tapper: "I don’t understand. So it is OK for Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump Jr. to do business all over the world, it’s OK for Ivanka Trump to have copyrights approved all over the world while President Trump is president, but while Vice President Joe Biden was vice president, his son shouldn’t have been able to do business dealings?"

Treasury secretary: "Again, I don’t — I don’t really want to go into more of these details, other than to say. . ."

Tapper: "Well, you’re just setting a precedent that the president is violating."

Boom. Trump's children have hundreds of business deals overseas but Biden's son isn't even allowed one. And Trump's children are off limits to criticism while anything goes with Biden's son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!