23 April 2009

Fine Art God

This is a work by a nineteen-year-old artist in Russia. He starts with a photo of himself or one of his friends, then uses digital magic to create a unique work of art. I think the results are spectacular. I can't read Russian well enough to determine if this particular one is his own self-portrait, but I think it is.

Russia is such a fascinating country to visit. Beautiful young men will sometimes latch on to you if they think you're a Westerner of means. I was staying in a five-star hotel in St. Petersburg where an enticing room service waiter decided he was going to be my new friend. I spoiled him, and he spoiled me. When the time came to go, he simply said goodbye. I'm sure he found someone else to pamper very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!